People use personal trainers for different reasons.
For my part, I have used a personal trainer because I wanted to challenge myself extra, see what I could do when a PT pushes me. Also there are plenty of tips and advice to pick up on when I´ve talked to personal trainers. I’ve only had one or two hours with a personal trainer since I started training three years, but each time I’ve gotten something good out of it. I was pushed a little extra, I learned new exercise combinations, but most importantly for me: I was pushed to take the training session a step further. And I had fun! It was heavy, but fun 🙂
To get a great benefit of a personal trainer, it is advisable to purchase at least a package of three hours.
You can´t get it all done and learned in one hour. It’s about getting regular monitoring be someone that is certified in the field of personal training, it´s about getting the proper technique and exercise combinations, it´s about the extra challenge and it´s about feeling the sense of mastering even after the session with the personal trainer is finished.
Fun fact: Some studies suggest that the training effect automatically rises by 50% if you train with another person!
For my own part, based on my experience with a personal trainer, I can conclude 8 reasons to have a one:
- Working out is science. You have much to gain from a personal trainer who has studied the subject, than by learning on your own.
- To have a professional helping you train correctly and efficiently towards your goals.
- To have a professional pushing you and challenging you.
- For (additional?) motivation to go work out.
- If you are already well trained, or have a training background, a personal trainer for you will complement the knowledge and experience you already have, but give you input about new exercises, other approaches to help you achieve your goals.
- Sessions with a personal trainer will also benefit you in everyday life, in terms of both better physical and mental shape. Mastering your body and mind is a good feeling!
- It is an investment in your own being, your life.
- A chemistry with your personal trainer who you feel comfortable with, motivated by, will make the workout pleasurable, fun, although you probably have to get out of your comfort zone.
Foto: Håvard Stiansen